Hearing that your child has lice is never good news for any parent. Naturally, you will want to find out how you can get rid of the lice as soon as possible. There are many natural treatments you can use to get rid of the lice quickly and effectively without using harsh chemicals in your child's hair.
Lice Comb And Almond Oil Treatment
A lice comb and some almond oil can be used to get rid of lice quickly. Here are the steps you should follow when using this treatment.
- Coat the child's hair with the almond oil.
- Separate the hair into sections and comb through it with a lice comb.
- Lather the child's hair with shampoo.
- Rinse out the hair.
- Shampoo and rinse out the hair again.
- Coat the lice comb with almond oil.
- Part the child's hair into manageable sections.
- Comb through the child's hair.
- Wash and rinse the hair.
- Repeat step 4.
After using one of the two methods outlined above, you should soak the lice comb in bleach for about ten minutes. If you do not have any bleach available you can boil the comb in hot water for at least ten minutes.
Follow the steps outlined for at least one week in order to get rid of the lice.
Lavender Oil Treatment
An essential oil such as lavender oil can provide an effective means of ridding your child's hair of lice. However, before using this essential oil in your child's hair you should do a patch test on the back of your child's hand to make sure that your child is not allergic to the oil. If all goes well then you can use the method below to get rid of the lice.
You will need
- Olive oil
- Lavender Oil
- Cotton balls
- Spray bottle
- Lice comb
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with at least fifteen drops of lavender oil.
- Use cotton balls to apply the mixture all over the child's head. You may also pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it all over your child's head.
- Leave the mixture in the child's hair overnight.
- Use a lice comb to comb out your child's hair.
- Wash the hair with shampoo and then rinse it thoroughly
- Repeat step five if the hair is still greasy.
- Boil the lice comb for at least fifteen minutes.
- Repeat steps one to six everyday for a week.
Natural lice treatment is easy and eliminates the need to use harsh chemicals in your child's hair.Share